Explore EExAT, our
assessment system and get
ahead of best practice.
With EExAT you gain a complete solution for practitioners, teachers, parents and leaders at all levels and have at your fingertips an integrated solution for assessing, documenting, moderating and reporting children’s learning Birth – 5yrs.
The EExAT online assessment system is designed around a Child Development Framework which uses six monthly, age related learning and development milestones to monitor children’s developmental progress. The EExAT framework fully supports the implementation of the Revised EYFS (Sept 21) with milestones that cover all Areas of Learning and lead towards the Early Learning Goals.
EExAT gives you a highly-principled and extremely practical solution to all of your assessment needs and ensures that you are working with an expert team who offer all of the support, advice and training you need to secure all aspects of your assessment practice.
If you are keen to develop an integrated approach that leads to best practice at all levels – all in one place – then EExAT is a great solution.
Our Award Winning System
In 2018 against strong competition, EExAT was awarded a highly commended in the prestigious Bett awards for Education IT Systems.
What does EExAT do?
EExAT provides a Birth to end of EYFS summative assessment developmental framework with up to four assessment points per year. It gives focus to children’s Well-being and Involvement and uses a series of assessment statements based on the:
- EYFS Characteristics of Effective Learning.
- EYFS Prime Areas of Learning.
- EYFS Specific Areas of Learning.
In the developmental framework you record your summative judgements which generate an age-related and cohort-related outcome score. Information from each child’s individual developmental framework populates the Reports Section enabling you to produce reports to show attainment and progress at pupil, class and cohort level as well as filter for different criteria. The EExAT assessment milestones are developmental from Birth – 5+ years. They are precise statements from which to assess each child’s attainment. To support the accuracy of this judgement, the assessment milestones are supported by over 400 exemplification film clips, including children with SEND. This builds practitioner knowledge and secures more consistent judgements across the team.
Watch the EExAT Video
How EExAT Can
Why using EExAT
is so valuable
- Enhance staff knowledge with our revised EExAT Birth – 5yrs Child Development Framework, designed to support the revised EYFS Statutory Framework Sept 21
- Develop consistency with access to over 400+ exemplification materials
- Assess children’s learning on-entry and demonstrate progress throughout the EYFS
- Produce detailed pupil reports and online journals to celebrate achievement
- Engage even hard to reach parents with the Parent App
- Produce a wealth of cohort information to inform senior leaders and identify next steps in learning
Assess the Whole Child
At the heart of EExAT is an expert Birth – 5yrs Child Development Framework that enables accurate assessment of children’s well-being, involvement, dispositions and learning across all areas of the revised EYFS.
Capture On-entry and
Collate Pivotal Learning & Moderate
A Mobile App to capture videos, photos and observations of children’s pivotal learning provides a simple to use, on the go approach to documentation which is filtered and collated to support moderation.
Produce Detailed Reports
Create Online Learning Journals
Celebrate with Parents
The Plan to Suit
- Very Small School/Setting1-12 EYFS Pupils
- Small School/Setting13-35 EYFS Pupils
- Medium School/Setting36-95 EYFS Pupils
- Large School/Setting96-180 EYFS Pupils
- X Large School/Setting181-265 EYFS Pupils
- XX Large School/Setting266+ EYFS Pupils
EExAT StandardFor individual schools
EExAT Standard+For 2+ Schools working together
EExAT PremiumFor 6+ Schools working together
Key Featuresof EExAT
- Birth-5yrs Child Development Frameworkfor all areas of learning.
- On-entry Assessmenton-entry, at any point in the year.
- Demonstrate Progressto indicate attainment up to 4 times a year.
- Levels of Well-being & Involvementassessed for each child.
- EYFS Characteristics of Effective Learningassessed for each child.
- EYFS Areas of Learning & Developmentassessed for each child.
- Practitioner Appto capture pivotal learning in action.
- Pivotal Learningwith filters to support collation of evidence & moderation activities.
- Online Learning Journalsto celebrate key achievements.
- Parent Mobile Appfor sharing & contributing to Learning Journals.
- Detailed Pupil Reportsavailable throughout the year, viewed at any time.
- Cohort & School/Setting Reportsfor senior leaders and managers.
- Half Day Mandatory Trainingfor lead teacher/manager to overview the whole system and learn how to get started.
- Technical Helplineto support development issues.
- Lead School Data Sharewith access for one school, setting or LA to the data from a group of linked schools/settings.
- Bespoke Trainingx1 half day for teaching staff held on site to support good assessment practice with observation, making judgements, gathering evidence and parents the key themes.
- Bespoke Trainingx1 half day for senior leaders held on site to support leading good assessment practice with moderation, reporting, analysis and use of data the key themes.
Watch Video Feedback